MESSIAH LUTHERAN SCHOOL
(Jesus) said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Mark 10:14 (KJV)
A PRIVATE SCHOOL – PARTNERS IN YOUR CHILD’S EDUCATION
Lutheran School of Messiah – An independent, parochial, private school in Grand Junction, Colorado, offering your family the finest Christian education opportunity available anywhere for students in grades preschool through eighth grade. We aid the home in its primary responsibility of training its children in Christ-centered living. We provide opportunity all day long to come to know the Savior in a close and personal way. We educate our children not only for this life but also for the life to come.
We offer 2,3 & 5 day options on week days from 8am to 11am.
Multi-Age classes are offered and students learn to be leaders to their peers. Our curriculum helps children become investigators, scientists, explorers and self-confident leaders through hands-on learning activities, projects and experiments, music and movement, beginning reading and writing and so much more. Field trips and special guests help the curriculum come to life. Students are given time to enjoy the outdoors and strengthen relationships. Student mentors provide one-on-one attention, encouragement, and skill building practice. Parents can get involved in Dad’s Night, Mon’s Night, Daddy/Daughter and Mother/Son Activities throughout the year.
KINDERGARTEN THROUGH EIGHTH GRADES
Students participate in school wide science experiments. Parents can get involved through Dad’s Night Out, Mom’s Night Out, Daddy/Daughter and Mother Son activities. Students and Church Members establish relationships through our Prayer Partner Program and monthly Lunch Bunch. Students, parents, teachers and families encourage and support one another through Spirit Days. Students participate in an annual Jog-A-Thon and a Track Meet. Students at Messiah become part of a family and experience how to love, care and respect their peers and friends.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
- “We believe Messiah is the best kept secret in the community. As a Pediatrician for over 24 years in the valley, I can certify that the children that attend Messiah are receiving an exceptional education. Messiah is well ahead of the other schools in District 51 when it comes to academics. When prompted by other parents, we always encourage families to consider Messiah. As parents, we are extremely impressed with both the Academic teaching and the Christian education given at Messiah. We know that both of our daughters have received the best foundation in education possible by attending Messiah.
Dr. and Mrs. Aurelio Etcheverry”
- “The teachers are experienced and truly care about their students. Each student is “known,” not a number or a mere name.”
- Not only does Messiah provide treat educational programs. They provide the nurturing, caring and support of the growth children need and you won’t find that everywhere.”
- “I want my child in the best program Grand Junction has to offer. Therefore, I want my child at Messiah Lutheran.”
- “Messiah offers God’s truth in a personal, hands-on environment which allows my child to develop skills for this life, while growing in their faith in Christ.”
- “We can’t sing your praises enough: Our child was loved, cared for and thrived in the preschool program!”
- “We could not be luckier and more blessed to have our children in the school. I know our girls will be better educated, wise, and loving children in their lives because of the amazing staff at the school. They have all become like family to us and I cannot imagine not being a part of their amazing place! Thank you so very, very much!”
- “The teachers are amazing! We would not five our children and their time to anyone else!”
- “Awesome program, we love he hands-on learning approach!”
- “We are so glad we found this program: Our child has grown leaps and bounds over the last two years here and we look forward to our younger son coming here also!”
Messiah Lutheran School, a Christian private school centrally located in Grand Junction, Colorado, was started in 1979. A volunteer-led preschool and per-kindergarten was opened in 1983. The second education wing was added in 1992, adding 5 classrooms and a teachers’ workroom. The school is one of approximately 804 Lutheran elementary schools, 1173 pre-schools, 91 high schools, 10 colleges and 2 seminaries owned and operated by the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod congregations, Associations of Lutherans, or the Synod itself, throughout the United States and Canada.
Messiah Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Preaching and teaching the truth to His expanding kingdom, reaching out to all!
Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS)